In 1874, Georges Edouard Piaget set up his first workshop on the
family farm, situated in the small village of La Côte-aux-Fées in the
Swiss Jura mountains. Situated in the Neuchâtel region, the company was dedicated to crafting pocket watches and high-precision clock movements
In 1911, Timothée Piaget, the son of Georges Piaget, took over the
family firm. The company's policy has been to be dedicated to the
production of wrist watches ever since.
In addition to coin watches, ring watches, brooch watches and cufflink watches, Piaget created their first pieces of jewellery.
In 1957, the Emperador men’s watch was launched and since its relaunch in 1999 become one of the brand’s emblematic models.
The company’s expansion led to the opening of a new factory in Geneva, dedicated to jewellery and, in 1959, their first boutique.
In 2014, Piaget presented the Altiplano 900P, at 3.65 millimeters (around 1/8th of an inch) it is the world’s thinnest hand-wound mechanical watch